It has been an extended two years since Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza was discontinued, however come Could 19, the menu merchandise is making a everlasting comeback. For those who’re itching to attempt a slice earlier than then or simply do not need to wait in line the day of, you are in luck as a result of re-creating it’s a pretty easy (and attractive) process.
In line with the Taco Bell menu, the Mexican Pizza consists of six primary parts: pizza shells, pizza sauce, refried beans, seasoned beef, a three-cheese mix, and tomatoes. Most of those are fairly self-explanatory, and a look on the components checklist will let you know that the three-cheese mix consists of mozzarella, cheddar, and Monterey Jack. Moreover, the seasoned beef may be replicated with a taco-seasoning packet, and the refried beans and tomatoes are, properly, precisely what you’d count on.
The pizza shells and pizza sauce, nonetheless, seem like a Taco Bell commerce secret. Based mostly on the crisp however not fairly tostada-level texture, my finest guess for the pizza shells was a fried, corn-and-flour-blend tortilla. The pizza sauce was a bit more durable to nail, however a self-identified Taco Bell worker, who goes by @dhantbell on TikTok, shared that Taco Bell’s purple sauce is the closest factor to their pizza sauce. Going off of @dhantbell’s insider data and my distant reminiscences of consuming Mexican Pizza, I went with canned enchilada sauce combined with jarred pico de gallo, and I would say the style was fairly spot on.
Determining the pizza sauce was actually the one problem as a result of the remainder is generally meeting. All it’s a must to do is unfold refried beans and seasoned beef on a pizza shell, then add a second pizza shell layered with pizza sauce, cheese, and tomatoes. Stick it within the oven simply till the cheese is melted, and it is able to get pleasure from. It is too straightforward to not make at dwelling, particularly in the event you’re already craving it. To discover ways to make this copycat Mexican Pizza step-by-step, learn forward for the complete recipe.
- 1 pound floor beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can refried beans
1 can enchilada sauce
1 jar pico de gallo
8 mini flour/corn tortillas
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, and Monterey Jack)
- Prepare dinner floor beef in a skillet over medium warmth, and add taco seasoning.
- Whereas the bottom beef is cooking, warmth refried beans in a separate saucepan, and put together pizza sauce by mixing enchilada sauce with pico de gallo.
- In a separate pan, fry tortillas on each side till golden.
- To assemble, take a fried tortilla and add a layer of refried beans, adopted by a layer of floor beef.
- Prime with a second tortilla, and add pizza sauce. Make sure to spoon on a average quantity, in any other case the pizza shell might get too soggy.
- Sprinkle on shredded cheese and diced tomatoes, then place within the oven on the broil setting for one minute or simply till the cheese has melted.
- Take pleasure in!
- Primary Dishes, Pizza
- 4 pizzas
- Prep Time
- Prepare dinner Time
- Whole Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds
Picture Supply: POPSUGAR Pictures / Kalea Martin