Whether or not you are having a foul day, day, or just a craving on a random Tuesday evening, a chocolate chip cookie can actually hit the spot. In spite of everything, few meals are as scrumptious and comforting as heat, fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies. They’re ooey, they’re gooey, and with all of these candy chocolate morsels, they may make any downside you is likely to be going through soften away into the background. Certain, you possibly can simply attain for the Chips Ahoy, however they’re by no means the identical as cookies created from scratch. In case you are determined for contemporary cookies however do not fairly have the time or vitality to rigorously mould every one by hand, one TikToker’s recipe presents the right resolution. In her viral video, @DesignEatRepeat places a twist on the basic consolation meals by making them within the type of bars as an alternative. In doing so, there’s not a minute wasted scooping or rolling out balls of dough. Plus, you do not even have to take out your mixer as a result of the recipe requires melted butter, which suggests the dough comes collectively rapidly and simply.
After baking, these chocolate chip cookie bars develop a consistency that is extra of a cross between a scone and a blondie, so for those who want your cookies agency moderately than underbaked, you may undoubtedly wish to do this recipe. Even in bar type, they’re as wealthy and decadent as chocolate chip cookie needs to be since they’re loaded with each chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. Simply be sure you anticipate them to totally cool earlier than you begin slicing into them (that is actually the one laborious a part of the method). Wish to style these chocolate chip cookie bars for your self? Maintain studying for all of the steps on easy methods to make them.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup mild brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 complete egg
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all objective flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate
- Soften butter, and mix with sugar in a big mixing bowl.
- Add in egg and egg yolk, then stir in vanilla.
- Slowly add flour till mixed, together with baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in a half cup of chocolate chips and one other half cup of chopped chocolate chunks. Measure out one other half cup of chips or chunks, whichever you like, and put aside to sprinkle on prime.
- Press cookie dough into greased or lined 9×13-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in oven at 350°F for quarter-hour or till prime seems to be dry and evenly golden.
- Cool for no less than half-hour earlier than slicing and having fun with.
- Desserts, Cookies
- 16 bars
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time
- Complete Time
- 24 minutes, 59 seconds
Picture Supply: POPSUGAR Pictures / Kalea Martin