If you’re sick of consuming plain rice and desire a extra exiting twist on this traditional aspect dish, then you’ll want to do this copycat recipe for Chipotle’s cilantro and lime rice ASAP. With just some steps that contain minimal (or no) cooking, this rice variation is bound to grow to be an prompt traditional in your meal-prep routine — at a fraction of the price of ordering it in retailer.
Whether or not buried underneath a heaping pile of juicy barbacoa and creamy guac or wrapped tightly in an overstuffed burrito, Chipotle’s cilantro and lime rice appears so as to add a sure je ne sais quoi to every thing that the favored fast-dining restaurant has to supply. However top-of-the-line elements about making it at house is with the ability to pair it with completely any protein and taste profile that your coronary heart wishes.
From shrimp sautéed in a honey and garlic sauce to baked orange hen, there’s hardly a dish that may’t be made higher with a serving of refreshing cilantro lime rice alongside it. And I am joyful to report that it’s simply as straightforward to make because it sounds.
Relying in your stage of consolation within the kitchen, you may resolve how a lot cooking goes into making your cilantro lime rice at house. For a extra sturdy taste, you may evenly sauté your raw rice in oil with a ribbon or two of lime peel (large enough to have the ability to select after the cooking course of is full) earlier than boiling it in water seasoned with salt, a squeeze of lime juice, and grated lime zest. Alternatively, you may skip the cooking course of altogether and order a single serving of plain white, brown, or basmati rice out of your restaurant of alternative, and cargo it up with contemporary lime juice and chopped cilantro at house.
No matter you resolve, the ultimate result’s an herbaceous but tangy taste profile that’s really unforgettable. Comply with the steps forward to discover ways to make your personal batch of Chipotle cilantro lime rice at house.
If you happen to choose to make use of leftover, takeout, or prompt rice, merely heat 3-4 cups of cooked rice earlier than persevering with with the recipe. You’ll be able to both microwave the rice in 30-second intervals till totally warmed or rapidly warmth it up in a skillet on the stovetop.
For 1 cup of white rice, use 2 cups of water.
For 1 cup of basmati rice, use 1 1/2 cups of water.
For 1 cup of brown rice, use and a pair of 1/2 cups of water.
- 1 cup of raw rice (white, brown, or basmati)
2-3 limes, effectively scrubbed
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
Pinch of salt
- Sauté the raw rice in a skillet or heavy-bottomed pot over medium warmth with a tablespoon of oil and huge ribbon of lime peel till rice is simply fragrant and lightweight golden brown earlier than including water.
- If you happen to’re utilizing a rice cooker, switch the toasted rice from the skillet to the rice cooker, then add the required quantity of water and a beneficiant squeeze of lime juice earlier than masking with a lid and urgent “on.” If you happen to’re making rice on a stovetop, add the water and lime juice to the pot of toasted rice, cowl, and produce to a boil earlier than lowering the warmth and simmering for the period of time indicated on the bundle.
- Take away the zest from one lime utilizing a Microplane or effective vegetable grater. Slice each limes in half, then squeeze the juice right into a small measuring cup or ramekin, ensuring to take away any seeds that fall in.
- In a big bowl, mix the nice and cozy (not scorching) cooked rice with the lime juice, zest, and a lot of the chopped cilantro, saving a teaspoon or so for garnish.
- Combine the components collectively till totally mixed, then serve with an additional slice of lime and a sprinkle of cilantro on high.
- Aspect Dishes
- 3-4 cups of rice
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook dinner Time
- 5 minutes
- Whole Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds
Picture Supply: POPSUGAR Pictures / Ashley Ortiz