Ever have these cravings for one thing heat, salty, and buttery, however aren’t fairly positive what to make? Joanna Gaines’s fatayer can repair that. The recipe, which Gaines made on the primary episode of her cooking present, Magnolia Desk, is a basic Lebanese meat pie, and it will fulfill all your style buds.
Whereas I used to be initially a little bit nervous that these savory pastries is perhaps too far out of my cooking-skills consolation zone, I used to be shocked by simply how easy they have been to place collectively. The fatayer filling is as straightforward as sautéing a number of elements in a pan, and the outer pastry is made out of Pillsbury Grands! Southern Homestyle Unique Biscuits. For the reason that biscuits are already portioned, all you must do is roll them, fill them, and shut them. After brushing a little bit melted butter excessive of the fatayer, they’re able to go within the oven.
The recipe makes 24 fatayer, which correlates roughly to 8-10 servings. Don’t fret if you cannot eat them multi function evening, although, as they reheat properly for a deal with all through the week. And in the event you’re trying to make a full meal out of it, I like to recommend Gaines’s Lebanese Salad as the proper aspect dish.
- 1 tablespoon further virgin olive oil
1/4 cup minced white onion
2 kilos floor beef (80% lean)
2 cups thawed frozen shredded hash browns
2 cups bagged grated Cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon freshly floor black pepper, plus extra as wanted
3 16.3-ounce cans refrigerated Pillsbury Grands! Southern Homestyle Unique Biscuits
All-purpose flour, for the work floor
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) salted butter, melted
- Place racks within the prime third and center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 levels. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a big sauté pan, warmth the oil over medium-high warmth. Add the onion and cook dinner, stirring usually, till softened, about 3 minutes. Add the meat and cook dinner, stirring usually to interrupt up the meat, till not pink, about 6 minutes. Pour out any standing liquid. Stir within the hash browns, cheddar cheese, 2 teaspoons salt, and the pepper. Stir till properly mixed. Style and alter the seasoning. Put aside.
- Open the cans of biscuits and separate the dough into particular person biscuits (24 complete). Mud a piece floor with some flour. Roll out every biscuit to a roughly 5 1/2-inch spherical.
- Working with one spherical at a time, place about 1/4 cup meat filling within the center, leaving a roughly 1/2-inch border throughout. Deliver the perimeters of the dough up in three elements and pinch collectively the three seams from the bottom as much as the highest heart in order that the package deal varieties a triangle. It is fantastic if the meat peeks by on the prime.
- Proceed to fill and pinch all of the biscuit rounds, arranging the pies on the ready baking sheets as you kind them and inserting them shut collectively in order that all of them match.
- Brush the tops with the melted butter and sprinkle a little bit kosher salt on the highest.
- Bake 40 minutes, take away from the oven, and revel in!
- Foremost Dishes
- Mediterranean/Center Japanese
- 8-10 Servings
- Prep Time
- Cook dinner Time
- 40 minutes
- Whole Time
- 1 hour, 9 minutes, 59 seconds
Picture Supply: POPSUGAR Images / Katherine McLaughlin